Learn the basic rules and most important techniques of bartending and deepen your knowledge at the two-day bar and cocktail course of the BAR NEWS Academy. Over the course of two days, you will learn everything you need to know about bars, bar culture, spirits, cocktails, tastings, etc.
Date: Still open; currently no courses are planned.
Time: from 09.30 - 16.30 each day
- Basics & history of bar culture
- Role & Tasks of the Bartender
- Hygiene, Law & Justice in the Bar
- Dealing properly with guests
- The spirits categories
- Tools and aids of the bartender
- Glasses, ice & decorations: tips for mixing cocktails
- Practice: Shaking & Stirring Cocktails
- Small knowledge test
- The different cocktail categories
- Swiss spirits
- Tasting - what to look out for
- Practice: Mixing & tasting the most important cocktails
- My first own cocktail creation
- Cocktail Mix Competition
No previous experience is necessary.
- People who are interested in joining.
- Professionals who already work in a bar.
- You know the basics in the areas of bar, hygiene, law & order, tools, glasses, decoration, etc.
- You learn the right way to deal with guests.
- You know the different categories of spirits.
- You can prepare a drink correctly and know the most important cocktails.
- You know what's important in a tasting.
Upon completion, you will receive an official course diploma from the BAR NEWS Academy.
The course costs CHF 495.-
Members bvr (Hotel & Gastro Union) benefit from a discount of CHF 75.-.
Subscribers Bar-News receive a discount of CHF 35.-.
The discounts cannot be cumulated.