Learn the basic rules and most important techniques of bartending at the one-day bar and cocktail course of the BAR NEWS Academy and deepen your knowledge. Experienced Barkeeper with many years of professional experience explain the DNA of the most important cocktails and introduce you to the bar world.
Date: Monday, 26 September 2022
Time: 09.30 - 16.30
Location: Felix Bar, Kalkbreitestrasse 8, 8003 Zurich
- Basics & history of bar culture
- Role & Tasks of the Bartender
- Hygiene, Law & Justice in the Bar
- Dealing properly with guests
- The spirits categories
- Tools and aids of the bartender
- Glasses, ice & decorations: tips for mixing cocktails
- Practice: Shaking & Stirring Cocktails
- Small knowledge test
No previous experience is necessary.
- People who are interested in joining.
- Professionals who already work in a bar.
- You know the basics in the areas of bar, hygiene, law & order, tools, glasses, decoration, etc.
- You learn the right way to deal with guests.
- You know the different categories of spirits.
- You can prepare a drink correctly and know the most important cocktails.
Upon completion, you will receive an official course certificate from the BAR NEWS Academy.
The course costs CHF 295.-
Members bvr (Hotel & Gastro Union) benefit from a discount of CHF 75.-.
Subscribers BAR NEWS receive a discount of CHF 35.-.
The discounts cannot be cumulated.